Wednesday, June 30, 2010

God is great!

Hello everyone!
I (Jerry) got back from Dominican republic on Monday from a mission trip. A team of 18 men, woman and children from our church went to the rural area of Guayabal to give out 1,200 shoes to poor, needy children. It was a amazing to see the joy the children's faces! If you read my previous post, you know that I was asked to share with the youth some verses. I am happy to say that I did have that chance, and only God knows what seed I planted in their life. I pray that they will understand and heed the words I gave them. I also had the opportunity to share the gospel with six children, of whom 3 prayed to receive Christ! God is so amazing! During the preparations for the trip, I had no clue what I was going to share with the youth, but the Lord gave me the verses they needed to hear. I was also struggling with my Spanish. :( I knew how to speak it, but not enough to share the gospel clearly, but yet again God used me, and by the time I was to share the gospel, I had gained much more of a Spanish vocabulary, so I was able to share the good news. :D

Here are some pictures I wanted to share with you all... (I was the official photographer of the trip)
Here are the crowds of poor people lining up to receive the shoes we were to give out. The plan was to give the the gospel, then move them in a medical clinic, were they would try on the shoes, and take the correct shoe size. About 50 people were let in at a time, they would be seated on benches were they would be evangelized, and move on into the building.



This boy just received his new pair of boots. Smiles like his were found all over the compound, what a joy it is to give! The shoes were bought by members of my church, and so many children were changed because of them. Not only because now they have covering from the mud and rocks, but beacause they heard the good news of Jesus Christ.



Here is the group of teens I was able to share with, this is not all of them though. It was a real blessing to share with these young men and women what Christ has been doing in my life during my teens years. I shared with them that our young age is not an excuse not to follow God passionately. (1 Tim 4:12) The trip was a tremendous blessing! Not only to those children who heard the Word of God, but to myself as well. God is good! :D

Would you like to share your experience from a missionary trip?

Any thoughts or questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment