Sunday, December 4, 2011

Break the Great Divide

Hey everyone!

Over the past few weeks I have been thinking a lot about everything that happened when Jesus died on the cross and Resurrection three days later. For starters, our sins were eternally forgiven and paid for. But when we dig a little deeper, we can see that it meant so much for humanity. One in particular has really blown me away lately, and that is the fact that humans can now have a relationship with God, and how the Holy Spirit indwells us.


John 15:14-15
"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

I love it how Jesus says we are his friends if we "do whatever I command you." Jesus is my friend, but I better do whatever he tells me to. He is friend, but there is an overbearing respect and fear of his authority that is not present with other human friends.

Our relationship with God really isn't mysterious. We will never fully know the will of God, but we can know what God expects from us, and what He ultimately commands us to do. God wants you to tell him why you cry, why you laugh, why you love. It all matters to him. Jesus choose to make Himself personal to us.

I often thank God for letting me live in the dispensation of grace because in the Old Testament, God would usually never talk to normal people one on one. God would just usually talk to one prophet, and then that prophet would address the entire state of Israel. But nowadays, God speaks to each and every Christian individually through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is really what makes all the difference.

Over the holidays, that is one gift that I will definitely be thanking God for. The Holy Spirit. A helper that guides me in life. How easier can it be for me to walk in the light? Half of me automatically is pulling me to do the will of God. The Holy Spirit is what makes me fall in love with God and His word. The Holy Spirit is what helps us worship God in spirit and in truth. The Holy Spirit is what allows us to have true joy when the trash of life happens. The Holy Spirit is what helps us feel like everyday is the new best day of our lives.

There is really a lot more to be said on the subject of our relationship with God and the Holy Spirit, but these are just a few of my thoughts for you all!

-Jerry

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jerry!

    I dont think I have ever thought deeply on that side of the Holy Spirit.
    Yes- I thank God quite a bit that I am on this side of bible times! I thinking of how it would have been like living in the Old Testament times a couple of weeks ago, and it struck me how different they worshipped God compared to how we do now. So thankful.

    Blessings,
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete