Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What Guys Do/n't

Oh boy, this is a hard one to write. Maybe I will be accused of leaking the play book to the girls, but I think it's totally worth it. On a side note, if I disappear, and you all find me tied to a chair in the middle of the Wakalaka jungle, know that it was a result of this post. 


I am only kidding... but in all seriousness, I hope this opens a few eyes.


Lately my peers and I have been getting a lot of buzz about how forward certain young men have been in regards to their relationship to particular girls. It bothers them (The girls) a lot. Yes your charming and caring texts really creep them out more than anything..


Guys are generally clueless about romance, and right around the time they think they know something about romance, they are only 14. Far from any serious commitments, they see attention as the only alternative to vindicate their worth as men. Guys want female attention, and many times not just from one specific girl. 


We do lots of stupid and amusing things for this attention, but lo and behold, we sometimes get the attention we long for. Girls, please watch out for boys who are screaming for attention. Be cautious to whom you give your time too.


Girls, guys crave attention when they text/message too much, especially for unnecessary reasons. I can recall at least 5 girls that I personally know that have complained of late night texts. Of texts that have no point, other than to start a conversation. Of texts that are very creepy. Of texts that ask too much to be given. Of one text after the other asking for more and more of a girls time to be dedicated to a ship in a storm looking for an anchor. 


Guys, texting "good morning beautiful" to a girl that doesn't belong to you is crossing the line (True story). Texting "happy national flip-flop day :)" (That smile looks like a joker-smile right about now..) is also crossing the line (Also a true story). 


The worst part is when girls actually answer back, and fake being interested just so they won't hurt a guys feelings. Please don't do that. If you think he is annoying, tell him.... with love and respect of course.


Guys at a young age NEED to realize that the attention of women is not something they can hold on too and find secure pleasure in. Jesus Christ is the anchor to our little ship in the storm.


Psalm 26:1-3


 Vindicate me, O Lord,
For I have walked in my integrity.
I have also trusted in the Lord;
I shall not slip.
 Examine me, O Lord, and prove me;
Try my mind and my heart.
 For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes,
And I have walked in Your truth.

If you don't know what 'Vindicate' means, look it up right now.. It takes as long as it does to check for notifications... Seek your worth and value from God Almighty, and not from women, who were not created to fulfill a mans need for self worth.

Girls, guys crave attention when they seek you out in person for no other reason besides being with you. When there is a group, and despite the abundance of conversation, a guy is only focused on talking with you........ 

Believe it or not, dudes get lonely too. Actually, I can tell you they get very very lonely, and sometimes they get that funny idea that all of America seems to follow. Your own girl will irradiate your feeling of loneliness. 

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Expecting a girl to take away your feeling of loneliness is like asking to build a tree house on a rose. Yes, women were created to be man's companion, but until your not ready to provide for girl and fulfill her expectations, you cannot expect anything besides a friendship from one. 

Nonetheless, some dudes think it's worth a try, even if it means perusing one crush after the other. Singleness is a hard thing, but temporary relationships with girls is not going to make it easier. Only a companion is closer than a brother can really fill that hole. Actually, believe it or not, but it was in times of feeling most alone is when I drew the closest to Christ.

Psalm 63:7-8


 Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
 My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.

Psalms is full of some fascinatingly intimate ideas. They are, however, all dedicated to YHWH, the most intimate being we will ever encounter. A girl cannot fill us. It would be wrong of men to ask that.

Girls, don't be the reason why a guy doesn't find fulfillment and vindication in God. You are not responsible if we don't, but you can make the process faster by eliminating the opportunity for the 'This-girl-is-perfect-for-me-I-will-make-her-my-everything' phase.

Guys, don't crave for female attention. There isn't anything wrong with female attention as long as you aren't manipulating the situation with your words, actions or her emotions to get it. We have all stumbled in this area, but today can be your last day.

I hope this helped a few of you out there!

-Jerry

2 comments:

  1. Go Jerry! :D

    I never knew that guys craved girl attention! I mean know all of the silly stuff guys do when they have a crush on a girl, but I mean overall. I didnt know.

    Now I am starting to understand some of the comments made from some guys.

    Thanks now I know how to bless these guys by not giving in to giving them meaningless attention.

    Soli Deo Gloria,
    Meggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry,

    That was a very well-written post! I have never read anything like it. I am looking fwd to more of your posts!

    In CHRIST Alone,
    Lilian

    ReplyDelete