Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year

Wow, my year has flown by!

I am sure that many of us feel this way, especially around this season. Ironically, the Christmas season is the most chaotic and busy time for most people. At the time of Jesus's birth, the same chaos we find in our time must have been taking place in Bethlehem. God choose such a seemingly odd time to send His Child into this world. Mary and Joseph might of been frustrated with the situation they were in. It was tax day, a census, and a big trip with a pregnant mother! They arrived late at night, and were too slow to find an inn to stay in, so a stable was all that was left. Yet in this time of turmoil the angles said to all creation, "Glory to God in the highest,and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!” God gave us the most precious gift of all when we might not have expected it.

Merry Christmas to everyone! Remember to cherish every moment of it, because we only get it once a year. So take it easy. :P

-Rock 1:7 Moderator team

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but I can't remember what gifts I was given this year and I can remember what I received last year. Does that happen to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true, Jerry. What a difficult time for Joseph and Mary during their journey to Bethlehem. After reading your post, I can’t avoid considering all the surrounding situations in Jesus’ birth: The unfair political situation, the shame of being unfairly criticized after following God regardless of what the society expected, the financial situation, and so and so. Wow, thank you for reminding us the true of this very important event. After reading this, I want to be more under the standard of God, like Mary and Joseph did. I don’t want to see myself failing more times and blaming the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete